Snackers

Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 2610

Don't be wack, dude.

A Fat Princess, Awesomenauts, GTA V, and League of Legends Clan

HomeSn4ckLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Snackers Website!~
we r True family
Practice is Fridays and Saturdays at 10pm EST
Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 3056026032Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 3056026032Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 3056026032Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 3056026032Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 3056026032Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 3056026032Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 3056026032Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 3056026032Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 3056026032
Everyone join chat right meow~ (=^0^=)

Share | 

Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2:

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yinGz♥
Friends with Benefits
yinGz♥

Kudos : 83

Favorite Class: Mage
Favorite Map: Hot Sauce

Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: Empty
PostSubject: Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2:   Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 6:02 am

There's a terrifying story from Florida.

"A sheriff's deputy plucked a man from an expanding sinkhole Thursday night, but neither was able to save the man's brother from being sucked into the rubble, authorities said," the Tampa Bay Times writes.

Tampa's ABC Action News reports that "Hillsborough County Fire Rescue officials say the victim, Jeff Bush, is presumed dead." The Times' online headline early Friday said rescue hopes were "dim."

CBS News adds that "Fire rescue spokeswoman Jessica Damico said Bracken Engineering officials determined the home's bedroom is the center of the sinkhole, which measures about 100 feet across. Listening devices and cameras were placed in the hole but there had been no contact with the missing man by early Friday." (Note at 10:10 a.m. ET: Authorities at the scene just told reporters that the hole is 30-feet in diameter and about 20 feet deep. They have established a 100-foot "safety zone" around the hole, but it is not that wide.)

As the Times writes, "although it has proven somewhat common for sinkholes to open in Central Florida and swallow cars and houses, it is not at all common for people to become trapped in them."

Why does this happen? The Florida Department of Environmental Protection says that:

"Sinkholes form in karst terrain principally from the collapse of surface sediments into underground voids and cavities in the limestone bedrock. Slightly acidic ground water slowly dissolves cavities and caves in the limestone over a period of many years. When the cavity enlarges to the point that its ceiling can no longer support the weight of overlying sediments, the earth collapses into the cavity. In the less catastrophic type of sinkhole, a bowl-shaped depression forms at the surface, usually over a considerable period of time, as surface sediments ravel downward into small cavities in the bedrock. Well drilling data suggests that much of the underlying bedrock in Florida contains cavities of differing size and depth. However, relatively few ever collapse and directly effect roads or dwellings."

Source: http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/03/01/173225027/sinkhole-swallows-sleeping-man-in-florida

Apparently this happens all the time.. TT^TT one poster commented:
"This is a contant, ongoing problem in many parts of Florida.
The population has drained the underground aquifers of water, leaving huge, empty caverns that eventually cave in, if ground water doesnt recharge them and add pressure.
"

This is so sad and scary.. TT^TT
Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 720662
Back to top Go down
Althena

Althena

Kudos : 71

Favorite Class: Giant
Favorite Map: DEEP FRIED!!!

PostSubject: Re: Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2:   Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 9:16 am

Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 14348 Yingz Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 3609435931

The sink holes has been a problem for a while now. Florida is a swamp with many everglades and man made rivers. It is not surprising since they think that by just adding sand and piling it up it is safe to build upon. When I saw the story on the news I was surprise that the structure did not fall apart.

Currently we are both safe and sound Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 3352113365

Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 766986 keep warm Yingz Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 3609435931 it is too cold Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 520396

Back to top Go down
V☺n

Kudos : 56

Favorite Class: Priest
Favorite Map: Rocky Road

PostSubject: Re: Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2:   Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 7:34 pm

ohhh i saw that on the news tooooo!! Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 720662
Back to top Go down
yinGz♥
Friends with Benefits
yinGz♥

Kudos : 83

Favorite Class: Mage
Favorite Map: Hot Sauce

PostSubject: Re: Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2:   Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 7:55 pm

Awww and so glad you guys are safe Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 14348

and I will! So cold here!! Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: 520396
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2:   Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2: I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Althie and Musical be careful!!! :cry2:

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snackers :: Chat Time :: Media :: News-