Snackers

Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night 2610

Don't be wack, dude.

A Fat Princess, Awesomenauts, GTA V, and League of Legends Clan

HomeSn4ckLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Snackers Website!~
we r True family
Practice is Fridays and Saturdays at 10pm EST
Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night 3056026032Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night 3056026032Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night 3056026032Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night 3056026032Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night 3056026032Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night 3056026032Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night 3056026032Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night 3056026032Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night 3056026032
Everyone join chat right meow~ (=^0^=)

Share | 

Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yinGz♥
Friends with Benefits
yinGz♥

Kudos : 83

Favorite Class: Mage
Favorite Map: Hot Sauce

Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night Empty
PostSubject: Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night   Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 12:02 pm

Please don't watch/read if you're easily offended by viewpoints that may be different from yours.

Quote :

The revolution itself may not be televised, but on last night's edition of the BBC's Newsnight, viewers may have witnessed the start of one.

Actor-slash-comedian-slash-Messiah Russell Brand, in his capacity as guest editor of the New Statesman's just-published revolution-themed issue, was invited to explain to Jeremy Paxman why anyone should listen to a man who has never voted in his life.

"I don't get my authority from this preexisting paradigm which is quite narrow and only serves a few people," Russell responded. "I look elsewhere for alternatives that might be of service to humanity."

And with that, the first shots of Russell's revolutionary interview were fired.

Over the course of the following ten-or-so minutes, Brand and Paxo volleyed back and forth over subjects ranging from political apathy, to corporate greed, to gorgeous beards.

Throughout the interview, Brand repeatedly dodged Paxman's efforts to trivialize his message — at one point Paxman literally called Brand a "very trivial man" — until finally, even the entrenched newsman appeared to relent against the rushing tide of Brand's valid arguments.

After Brand reminded Paxman that he cried after learning that his grandma too had been "fucked over" by aristocrats, the Newsnight host was stunned into silence.

"If we can engage that feeling and change things, why wouldn't we?" Brand crescendoed. "Why is that naive? Why is that not my right because I'm an 'actor'? I've taken the right. I don't need the right from you. I don't need the right from anybody. I'm taking it."
Source: http://gawker.com/russell-brand-may-have-started-a-revolution-last-night-1451318185

I'm not his biggest fan, but he has some serious valid points.

Personally, I don't agree with him on not voting. It only makes it easier for all these horrible politicians get their way. But, I think the better route is to vote BUT still keep in connection with the idea that this system isn't working. There does need to be a revolution. Communism looked great on paper. So does Democracy. But the reason why the U.S. and etc brand Communism as bad, is because there are too much corruption. It hasn't worked at all due to the corruption and selfishness of the politicians. How is Democracy any different? It isn't helping the people. It only helps the 1%. How is that Democracy?

Either way. He makes valid points.
Back to top Go down
Baby Groot

Baby Groot

Kudos : 60

Favorite Class: Mage
Favorite Map: Hot Sauce

Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night   Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 1:10 pm

Viva La Revolution Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night 4120501818

Good on Russell Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night 458486
Back to top Go down

Russell Brand May Have Started a Revolution Last Night

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1