Snackers

Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific 2610

Don't be wack, dude.

A Fat Princess, Awesomenauts, GTA V, and League of Legends Clan

HomeSn4ckLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Snackers Website!~
we r True family
Practice is Fridays and Saturdays at 10pm EST
Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific 3056026032Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific 3056026032Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific 3056026032Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific 3056026032Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific 3056026032Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific 3056026032Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific 3056026032Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific 3056026032Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific 3056026032
Everyone join chat right meow~ (=^0^=)

Share | 

Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yinGz♥
Friends with Benefits
yinGz♥

Kudos : 83

Favorite Class: Mage
Favorite Map: Hot Sauce

Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific Empty
PostSubject: Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific   Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:11 am

Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific Highway%201%20shutdown--629934535_v2.grid-6x2

CARMEL, Calif. — Engineers on Thursday were working to figure out when they'll be able to reopen a stretch of California coastal highway that collapsed into the ocean, blocking traffic to the scenic Big Sur region.

A 40-foot section of Highway 1 crumbled just after 5 p.m. Wednesday following several days of rainy weather. The entire southbound lane is gone, and the soil under the northbound lane also was giving way.

No one was injured in the slide, the California Highway Patrol said. Authorities have closed the two-lane road to traffic indefinitely.

The collapse occurred south of Carmel near Rocky Creek Bridge, one of the iconic arch bridges that make the stretch of roadway, also known as the Pacific Coast Highway, one of the country's best known scenic drives.

California Department of Transportation officials told The Monterey Herald they would know closer to the end of Thursday when the road would be reopened.

The closure comes as spring tourist season is about to get under way.

"There is too much going down here to allow an extended closure," Alan Perlmutter told the newspaper. Perlmutter is a partner in the Big Sur River Inn, one of the many inns and lodges that depend on the dollars of tourists drawn to dramatic coastal vistas, where forested mountainsides plunge into blue seas.

Other inns and restaurants reported a mix of no-shows and guests who were forced to stay longer because of the blocked road.

The best alternate route to Big Sur from the north would require drivers to take Highway 101 inland through the Salinas Valley and drive over a steep, winding mountain road to the coast, adding at least an hour to the trip.

[source: msnbc]
Back to top Go down
yinGz♥
Friends with Benefits
yinGz♥

Kudos : 83

PostSubject: Re: Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific   Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:11 am

this is crazzzzayyyy
Back to top Go down
ProbablyADroolyBear
Friends with Benefits
ProbablyADroolyBear

Kudos : 237

Favorite Class: Priest

PostSubject: Re: Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific   Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:43 am

i've been on that road :O
Back to top Go down
Beto

Kudos : 70

Favorite Map: The Great Gorge

PostSubject: Re: Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific   Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 1:51 am

That sucks D: Why is Pacific getting hit so hard recently.. :[
Back to top Go down
Heatex~

Kudos : 2

PostSubject: Re: Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific   Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 4:35 am

Oh wow!
Back to top Go down
bb_
Friends with Benefits

Kudos : 104

Favorite Class: Chicken
Favorite Map: DEEP FRIED!!!

PostSubject: Re: Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific   Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 10:39 am

Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific 543383 I'm glad no one got hurt though! That is so crazy!
Back to top Go down
Mandy
MvC4 Captain
Mandy

Kudos : 88

Favorite Class: Villager
Favorite Map: Rocky Road

PostSubject: Re: Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific   Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:31 pm

We got more bounce in California than all y'all combined! Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific 765476

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific   Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chunk of Calif. coastal highway falls into Pacific

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snackers :: Chat Time :: Media :: News-