Snackers

Beginner Rune Page Guide 2610

Don't be wack, dude.

A Fat Princess, Awesomenauts, GTA V, and League of Legends Clan

HomeSn4ckLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Snackers Website!~
we r True family
Practice is Fridays and Saturdays at 10pm EST
Beginner Rune Page Guide 3056026032Beginner Rune Page Guide 3056026032Beginner Rune Page Guide 3056026032Beginner Rune Page Guide 3056026032Beginner Rune Page Guide 3056026032Beginner Rune Page Guide 3056026032Beginner Rune Page Guide 3056026032Beginner Rune Page Guide 3056026032Beginner Rune Page Guide 3056026032
Everyone join chat right meow~ (=^0^=)

Share | 

Beginner Rune Page Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Oppa

Oppa

Kudos : 299

Favorite Class: Villager
Favorite Map: Coco Cliffs

Beginner Rune Page Guide Empty
PostSubject: Beginner Rune Page Guide   Beginner Rune Page Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2014 11:29 pm

Hi yall, I figured I would make a rune page guide for everyone who is starting to play but is confused by which runes to buy. Beginner Rune Page Guide 351859

I remember being overwhelmed when I first started playing so I did a lot of research and figured out which ones are optimal and worth the buy. Now I can share this knowledge with all of you. Beginner Rune Page Guide 743786

I'm going to go through each type of rune and explain why they are good and how useful they are in general. One IMPORTANT note: Do not buy tier 1 and 2 runes! They are basically worthless once you reach level 20 and can buy tier 3 runes. Wait until you reach level 20 and save that IP! Beginner Rune Page Guide 2295652386

Quints:
Gold per 10: These are mainly useful on supports since other roles will generally generate enough gold throughout the game to buy what they need. If you feel like you are not getting enough gold in games as a support, these are a good choice. These are great on passive supports who don't plan on getting kills or carrying. If you do plan on carrying in some way, I would suggest some of the others.

Ability Power: These are great on AP mid champions and AP champions in general. I you are playing an AP jungler or support and plan on carrying, these are good for dealing extra damage. If you are a support, use these mostly if you plan on being aggressive in lane. These are a great buy if you play mostly AP champions.

Attack Damage: Great for AD champions in general and a very limited amount of supports who go AD. AD junglers, AD tops, and AD carry can all benefit from these. If you play mostly AD champions, these are a great buy.

Life Steal: These are great for those times you want that extra sustain(survivability) in lane and you're willing to sacrifice the extra AD. These are best on AD carries since it helps their early game A LOT. If you plan on playing mostly AD carry, I recommend buying.

Movement Speed: These actually have a more limited usefulness compared to the ones I mentioned but they are great on certain champions. If you're playing a very slow champion who doesn't scale very well off of AD or AP, these are usually preferred. I wouldn't recommend buying these early unless you do plan on playing these champions a lot though. These are also great fi you are playing jungle and you want faster clear times.

Health: These are very rarely played but they are good in certain situations where you just have to be extra tanky. Don't get these early unless you absolutely want to be tanky. Even then there are better options in most situations.

Glyphs
Flat/Scaling Magic Resist: These are the most popular choices for glyphs and it's up to you whether you want flat or scaling. Flat is better for early game and scaling is better for late game. If you can't decide on what to use for glyphs, just get some magic resist. They're a great thing to have in any situation. I personally use a combination of flat and scaling but use what you think will work best for you.

Mana regen: These are used on some mana hungry AP champions in certain situations. These aren't as useful as the magic resist though so only get these if you REALLY want the extra regen.

Ability Power per level: These are useful if you want to do some extra damage with your abilities and you're confident in your abilities to dodge your opponents abilities since you are sacrificing the extra magic resist. This is more of a high risk/ high reward thing.

For the most part, you'll want to run magic resist glyphs(flat or scaling) on most champions, especially if you're starting out.

Seals:
Flat Armor: These are the seals you will be running like 99% of the time. I rarely see a rune page that doesn't use armor seals since they are so damn useful. They help against auto-attacks, turrets and even minion damage. Just buy these first if you are unsure about what to buy.

Marks:
Attack damage: These are great on AD champions in general. They give you a bit extra attack damage and are good with the AD Quints. I recommend these if you play a lot of AD champions.

Attack Speed: These are less popular than the attack damage marks but have some usefulness. Junglers used to run these more often but they are usually outshined by the attack damage marks.

Flat armor: These are mainly used on supports along with the flat armor seals for extra survivability. If you don't plan on doing much damager as a support, these will help you, especially early game.

Magic Pen: These are great on ability power carries and help give you extra damage. They are usually outshined by hybrid pen marks though.

Hybrid Pen: These give you some armor pen while sacrificing just a bit of magic pen. These are generally regarded as superior, so buy these instead if you're willing to pay 2x :drunk:the price of magic pen marks.

Armor Pen: These can be used on some AD champions, but I'm not really familiar with their use. :huh?:I think they're used on some assassins. Beginner Rune Page Guide 1924541697

Well, those are pretty much the most common runes you will see played. There are some other like crit chance, cooldown etc runes that are rarely used. Here are some sample rune pages I use:

For AD champions: 9 magic resist glyphs, 9 armor seals, 9 attack  damage marks, 3 attack damage quints

For AP champions: 9 magic resist glyphs, 9 armor seals, 9 hybrid pen marks, 3 ability power quints

For supports: 9 magic resist glyphs, 9 armor seals, 9 armor marks, 3 gold per 10 quints

Alternate AD page for AD carries: 9 magic resist glyphs, 9 armor seals, 9 attack damage marks, 2 Lifesteal quints and 1 attack damage quint

I hope this was useful! Beginner Rune Page Guide 3609435931

Last edited by Kristoff on Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mandy
MvC4 Captain
Mandy

Kudos : 88

Favorite Class: Villager
Favorite Map: Rocky Road

PostSubject: Re: Beginner Rune Page Guide   Beginner Rune Page Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 2:56 pm

all my taric needs are gems  Beginner Rune Page Guide 145512
Back to top Go down
Don Ramon

Don Ramon

Kudos : 42

Favorite Class: Ranger
Favorite Map: Candy Mountain

PostSubject: Re: Beginner Rune Page Guide   Beginner Rune Page Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 11:54 pm

You're missing the armor pen marks Beginner Rune Page Guide 4006511638
Back to top Go down
Unknown_153

Unknown_153

Kudos : 1

PostSubject: Re: Beginner Rune Page Guide   Beginner Rune Page Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 08, 2014 10:17 am

Great post Culd! Beginner Rune Page Guide 219331

I'm just going to add some of my opinions. Razz

Quints:
Gold per 10: These are mainly useful on supports since other roles will generally generate enough gold throughout the game to buy what they need. If you feel like you are not getting enough gold in games as a support, these are a good choice. These are great on passive supports who don't plan on getting kills or carrying. If you do plan on carrying in some way, I would suggest some of the others. Gold per 10 quints can be useful if you're playing a really passive support or are against a lane that you don't have much kill potential against, but with the new Season 4 support items as well as assist streaks, gold is usually not a problem. Running flat AP quints is usually better for supports.

Ability Power: These are great on AP mid champions and AP champions in general. I you are playing an AP jungler or support and plan on carrying, these are good for dealing extra damage. If you are a support, use these mostly if you plan on being aggressive in lane. These are a great buy if you play mostly AP champions. Flat AP Quints are pretty much standard on all AP mids or champions, they can't be replaced with anything else really.

Attack Damage: Great for AD champions in general and a very limited amount of supports who go AD. AD junglers, AD tops, and AD carry can all benefit from these. If you play mostly AD champions, these are a great buy. AD Quints are useful for junglers since lifesteal isn't as important. They are also useful if you want to try and snowball super hard or something. Lifesteal quints are usually the "safer" option, though.

Life Steal: These are great for those times you want that extra sustain(survivability) in lane and you're willing to sacrifice the extra AD. These are best on AD carries since it helps their early game A LOT. If you plan on playing mostly AD carry, I recommend buying. These are amazing, but be ready to pay 2050 IP each for them. You really only need two though, then one AD quint.

Movement Speed: These actually have a more limited usefulness compared to the ones I mentioned but they are great on certain champions. If you're playing a very slow champion who doesn't scale very well off of AD or AP, these are usually preferred. I wouldn't recommend buying these early unless you do plan on playing these champions a lot though. These are also great if you are playing jungle and you want faster clear times. Movement speed is useful on a few of the slower junglers, like Nautilus, or other situational picks like Ryze. These aren't priority, but they can be useful.

Health: These are very rarely played but they are good in certain situations where you just have to be extra tanky. Don't get these early unless you absolutely want to be tanky. Even then there are better options in most situations. Flat health, flat armor, and flat health regen are seeing a bit more use top lane in some situations. However, they are still suuuuper situational, don't rush to buy these.

Glyphs
Flat/Scaling Magic Resist: These are the most popular choices for glyphs and it's up to you whether you want flat or scaling. Flat is better for early game and scaling is better for late game. If you can't decide on what to use for glyphs, just get some magic resist. They're a great thing to have in any situation. I personally use a combination of flat and scaling but use what you think will work best for you. Magic resist is what you'll be using most of the time. If you don't have many rune pages to work with, flat magic resist is the "safer" pick.

Mana regen: These are used on some mana hungry AP champions in certain situations. These aren't as useful as the magic resist though so only get these if you REALLY want the extra regen. I don't really see people run mana regen glyphs very often.

Ability Power per level: These are useful if you want to do some extra damage with your abilities and you're confident in your abilities to dodge your opponents abilities since you are sacrificing the extra magic resist. This is more of a high risk/ high reward thing. I always use these on my AP champions unless I'm against someone like a LeBlanc (then I use flat MR).

Flat armor glyphs and flat cooldown reduction glyphs are pretty strong as well, though kind of situational. Use flat armor glyphs if they don't have much AP, CDR if you're playing someone who benefits from them and they don't have much AP.

For the most part, you'll want to run magic resist glyphs(flat or scaling) on most champions, especially if you're starting out.

Seals:
Flat Armor: These are the seals you will be running like 99% of the time. I rarely see a rune page that doesn't use armor seals since they are so damn useful. They help against auto-attacks, turrets and even minion damage. Just buy these first if you are unsure about what to buy. There really is no substitute for flat armor seals.

Marks:
Attack damage: These are great on AD champions in general. They give you a bit extra attack damage and are good with the AD Quints. I recommend these if you play a lot of AD champions. Flat AD marks are what you'll be using most of the time.

Attack Speed: These are less popular than the attack damage marks but have some usefulness. Junglers used to run these more often but they are usually outshined by the attack damage marks. Attack speed is very situational now - some people use it on Elise and Yasuo. Overall, flat AD is better.

Flat armor: These are mainly used on supports along with the flat armor seals for extra survivability. If you don't plan on doing much damager as a support, these will help you, especially early game.

Magic Pen: These are great on ability power carries and help give you extra damage. They are usually outshined by hybrid pen marks though. Use magic pen on AP champions that don't harass with autoattacks very much. An example would be Zilean or Mordekaiser.

Hybrid Pen: These give you some armor pen while sacrificing just a bit of magic pen. These are generally regarded as superior, so buy these instead if you're willing to pay 2x Beginner Rune Page Guide 46998 the price of magic pen marks. While expensive, hybrid pen marks are amazing. Assuming you're playing an AP mid - you sacrifice about 2.3 magic pen for 8.1 armor pen. This makes your autoattack harass hurt a lot more, and it makes last hitting slightly easier. These are used on almost every mid lane champion.

Armor Pen: These can be used on some AD champions, but I'm not really familiar with their use. Beginner Rune Page Guide 609925 I think they're used on some assassins. Armor pen is very situational - most people either go flat AD or hybrid on AD champions. However, they are used sometimes on Renekton, Rengar, Zed, etc.

Well, those are pretty much the most common runes you will see played. There are some other like crit chance, cooldown etc runes that are rarely used. Here are some sample rune pages I use:

For AD champions: 9 magic resist glyphs, 9 armor seals, 9 attack damage marks, 3 attack damage quints

For AP champions: 9 magic resist glyphs, 9 armor seals, 9 hybrid pen marks, 3 ability power quints

For supports: 9 magic resist glyphs, 9 armor seals, 9 armor marks, 3 gold per 10 quints

Alternate AD page for AD carries: 9 magic resist glyphs, 9 armor seals, 9 attack damage marks, 2 Lifesteal quints and 1 attack damage quint This is the rune page you'll primarily use for almost every AD champion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beginner Rune Page Guide   Beginner Rune Page Guide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Beginner Rune Page Guide

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snackers :: Games :: League of Legends-