Snackers

FatPrincessNet - Project !   2610

Don't be wack, dude.

A Fat Princess, Awesomenauts, GTA V, and League of Legends Clan

HomeSn4ckLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Snackers Website!~
we r True family
Practice is Fridays and Saturdays at 10pm EST
FatPrincessNet - Project !   3056026032FatPrincessNet - Project !   3056026032FatPrincessNet - Project !   3056026032FatPrincessNet - Project !   3056026032FatPrincessNet - Project !   3056026032FatPrincessNet - Project !   3056026032FatPrincessNet - Project !   3056026032FatPrincessNet - Project !   3056026032FatPrincessNet - Project !   3056026032
Everyone join chat right meow~ (=^0^=)

Share | 

FatPrincessNet - Project !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Delete

Kudos : 3

FatPrincessNet - Project !   Empty
PostSubject: FatPrincessNet - Project !    FatPrincessNet - Project !   I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi Guys ! As most of you know, we are trying to make new home for Fat Princess community. For now you can use www.fatprincess.net . In few days we will add temoporary forum.We want to use same skin as cakelair, but it costs $180 so we are collecting money for it. But before that i want to ask you first how much can you donate ? Even if you can donate us with $1 it will mean a lot since we are pretty big community.

Thank you in advance for your help FatPrincessNet - Project !   78304
Back to top Go down
Beto

Kudos : 70

Favorite Class: Mage
Favorite Map: The Great Gorge

PostSubject: Re: FatPrincessNet - Project !    FatPrincessNet - Project !   I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:22 pm

DIBON. FatPrincessNet - Project !   14348

Sounds great. FatPrincessNet - Project !   719139 I will donate if at all possible, I honestly will try. But, just wondering, is it a $180 flat-out fee, or is it $180 a month??

Thank you for this, by the way. Its awesome. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
N☺va
Triplets

Kudos : 160

PostSubject: Re: FatPrincessNet - Project !    FatPrincessNet - Project !   I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:29 pm

I assume the $180 is for the rights to use IP Board which is the code for the forum that cakelair used.

Is it really worth spending that much for the forum when the game is dying? Maybe Manticor would be willing to let you use his license in exchange for adminship or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sn4ck.com
bb_
Friends with Benefits

Kudos : 104

Favorite Class: Chicken
Favorite Map: DEEP FRIED!!!

PostSubject: Re: FatPrincessNet - Project !    FatPrincessNet - Project !   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 8:42 am

Why not use a free forum instead? I honestly don't think the community is big enough to fund this, never mind the people who cba to donate, or aren't able to because they're not old enough to have a credit card. If the only reason is because people are used to the CakeLair site layout, I think it would be better to start from scratch anyway, because it won't be the same and people will nitpick. If you start with something fresh, no one can complain (well they can and will but you get my point).

Also, have you gotten in touch with Del and Manitcor to find out what happened to CL, and whether there are any plans to bring it back?
Back to top Go down
N☺va
Triplets

PostSubject: Re: FatPrincessNet - Project !    FatPrincessNet - Project !   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:00 am

Other forums don't have features like status updates and FB-like profiles. How will CL users flirt if such things do not exist. FatPrincessNet - Project !   361350
Back to top Go down
Delete

PostSubject: Re: FatPrincessNet - Project !    FatPrincessNet - Project !   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 3:17 pm

Since most of people like the features which CL had, we would like to have the same one. Well i'm not forcing anybody to donate but in 2 days we have already around 70$ so i just hope that you are wrong BB and even though FP community is not that big we will be able to found it Smile

We will start from scratch but we want same kind of forum thats all. We will see how it goes i just do care about FP and i decided to take action and try to organize things to make new place for FP community.Sure i get your point BB Smile

But i think that the features which CL had , let us socialize with eachother write comments, status updates etc. Thanks to that it wasnt just dry forum for posting.

Yes i've talked with Della many times but it's been few months and still nothing changed. CL was for me core of FP community and without it will die faster. Sadly i havent talked with Manti and even though i wanted to talk with him somebody told me that he will ignore me. I guess he lost his desire do run CL and im not gonna blame him. But we can't also wait another few months.

Thats right Nova FatPrincessNet - Project !   277951
Back to top Go down
V☺n

Kudos : 56

Favorite Class: Priest
Favorite Map: Rocky Road

PostSubject: Re: FatPrincessNet - Project !    FatPrincessNet - Project !   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 4:06 pm

If its expensive because people like the facebook status-like features and the facebook-like layout, why don't we just use facebook instead? FatPrincessNet - Project !   609925
and how do people donate for this?
Back to top Go down
cruise

cruise

Kudos : 52

Favorite Class:
Favorite Map:

PostSubject: Re: FatPrincessNet - Project !    FatPrincessNet - Project !   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:29 pm

Dib0n wrote:
i just do care about FP

FatPrincessNet - Project !   3574106132

Damn dude, weren't you the one who's quitted FP so many times?
but just kidding yo
gj
Back to top Go down
Delete

PostSubject: Re: FatPrincessNet - Project !    FatPrincessNet - Project !   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:42 pm

V☺n wrote:
If its expensive because people like the facebook status-like features and the facebook-like layout, why don't we just use facebook instead? FatPrincessNet - Project !   609925
and how do people donate for this?

Not everybody wants to use facebook. Not everybody wants to use their real name. Not everybody wants to add random people to fp group. Also how will find us other players, the new ones ? We want to keep FP community alive, how does closed fb group help ? How do you want to plan events?

We will make paypal account.

Anyway i was just asking, you really dont have to do anything. I was just asking if you would like to take a part in creating something new. If not thats fine -_-

Back to top Go down
mono

mono

Kudos : 153

Favorite Class:
Favorite Map:

PostSubject: Re: FatPrincessNet - Project !    FatPrincessNet - Project !   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 5:55 pm

hey now, people are curious about the idea if you can't handle simple questions and input like this how can you run a new website with roughly 50 active people and 50 other occasional visitors?

random! OMGGGG WHO IS THIS CRITTER?? WHEN DID YOU GUYS ADD THIS EMOTE? akfhsadkfhkafh
FatPrincessNet - Project !   3926587587
Back to top Go down
V☺n

PostSubject: Re: FatPrincessNet - Project !    FatPrincessNet - Project !   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 6:09 pm

so if I understand correctly, facebook features are good, and making a FP public group is possible but we don't want non-fatprincess related people to have access to the fatprincess-dedicated page. And if we make the FP group private to exclude the outsiders, newer players will have trouble finding the group.

I was just asking to understand what's going on, too. FatPrincessNet - Project !   258271

I think if we end up not being able to amass the funding; or if the project fails for various reasons, we can go for the facebook group option. There will always be a possibility of random non fp people joining, whether it is on facebook or a separate site.
[side note: Facebook groups have an option to approve new-applicants to groups just like certain forums do, to fish out the completely unrelated people from joining.]
Also, people need to create a separate account identity on the forum, right? Nothing is stopping them from doing the same for facebook fat princess purposes; many have a facebook alterego already.

Also, what is the reason for the entirely new site? Have people considered reinvesting the money into the old cakelair site? that way we don't lose the accounts we've already made, past comments, past threads, etc.

I hope my questions don't sound offensive, because that isn't my intention. I just want to know about why I'm donating. FatPrincessNet - Project !   296413
Back to top Go down
Oppa

Oppa

Kudos : 299

Favorite Class: Villager
Favorite Map: Coco Cliffs

PostSubject: Re: FatPrincessNet - Project !    FatPrincessNet - Project !   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 6:38 pm

The problem with Facebook is that it's a hassle to make a new account just for joining the group. I almost got a headache creating mine. I think the issue here is ease of use. If a newbie types fat princess into google, they'll get the forum and a simple way to join the community.

That said, this seems like a big task but I really hope it succeeds. Have you thought of the long-term plans of the site? It would be a shame for this site to suddenly shut down as well after everyone donated money to bring it up.
Back to top Go down
Delete

PostSubject: Re: FatPrincessNet - Project !    FatPrincessNet - Project !   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 7:35 pm

We or i will make thigs done. I'm asking firs how much people can donate if not i will sell some of my own stuff and get money. I'm just asking if there people who also want to help.

Cakelair is down for longer then 2 months have any of you heard and official statement from Manticor ? Have any of you heard his official reply ? No. It's been enough since we got last response.

I have already few people who will help me with this project. I made thread on every forum to see if i can get more people who might want to help.

I'm in FP community since 2 years. I was organising events, helping my clan, leading team europe and im sure that im gonna stay in community untill the game die. If not i just think that with adress like www.fatprincess.net we can became also great place for Fat Princess two if there will be one.

Facebook is Facebook - FatPrincess.Net will be place for everone who will be searching some infos about Fat Princess.

The reason why we want to make new site is just to keep FP community alive. If you ask me about Cakelair again then i will tell you to talk with Manti, because i don't think that anyone in FP community knows more than he.

Sure i would love to just fix cakelair, old posts, threads etc. But we had few months for that already and nothing moved and nothing happened. Thats why i made this thread.

I've asked all your questions i think.

Back to top Go down
V☺n

PostSubject: Re: FatPrincessNet - Project !    FatPrincessNet - Project !   I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 8:01 pm

So CL is out of the question because Manti is unreachable FatPrincessNet - Project !   860214
Yup, you've answered everything FatPrincessNet - Project !   273865 seems like a big project; I hope it'll be managed well and last until, maybe fatprincess2 if it'll happen

let us know when the paypal account is set up Nom
Back to top Go down
lakers27
Triplets

Kudos : 126

PostSubject: Re: FatPrincessNet - Project !    FatPrincessNet - Project !   I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:42 am

Thanks for the heads up Dibs! FatPrincessNet - Project !   277951
Back to top Go down
Delete

PostSubject: Re: FatPrincessNet - Project !    FatPrincessNet - Project !   I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 5:53 pm

Hey Guys ! I got news from Della :

"Dear Cakelairians, I am so sorry for making you all wait such a long time for updates and a resolution to the site issues. It has not been easy to work through them, and I thank you for your patience. I am happy to report that I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! The CakeLair Forum WILL be back and should be up and running by May 1st! Licenses have been renewed and paid!"

Since bringing CakeLair to life was more important than FatPrincess.Net - Project i decided to close it. However you can use FatPrincess.Net as alternative link for CakeLair after 1 May.

Thank you all for your help and support. FatPrincessNet - Project !   277951
Back to top Go down
N☺va
Triplets

PostSubject: Re: FatPrincessNet - Project !    FatPrincessNet - Project !   I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Thanks for relaying the great news, Dibon. Very Happy
CL is back just in time for the summer. FatPrincessNet - Project !   458486
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FatPrincessNet - Project !    FatPrincessNet - Project !   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snackers :: Chat Time :: Off-Topic-