Snackers

Its everywhere :O 2610

Don't be wack, dude.

A Fat Princess, Awesomenauts, GTA V, and League of Legends Clan

HomeSn4ckLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the Snackers Website!~
we r True family
Practice is Fridays and Saturdays at 10pm EST
Its everywhere :O 3056026032Its everywhere :O 3056026032Its everywhere :O 3056026032Its everywhere :O 3056026032Its everywhere :O 3056026032Its everywhere :O 3056026032Its everywhere :O 3056026032Its everywhere :O 3056026032Its everywhere :O 3056026032
Everyone join chat right meow~ (=^0^=)

Share | 

Its everywhere :O

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Beto

Kudos : 70

Favorite Class: Mage
Favorite Map: The Great Gorge

Its everywhere :O Empty
PostSubject: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:11 am

Let's extend this video to a princess of fat proportions video game forum as well. Its everywhere :O 940580

WATCH Its everywhere :O 277951

(I don't think my first sentence was written grammatically correct, btw)

WATCH NOW Its everywhere :O 277951

Last edited by Beto on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cruise

cruise

Kudos : 52

Favorite Class:
Favorite Map:

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:12 am

And you know what else is everywhere?
Stuff trying to make people think if the Kony movement is liable

I'm still on the fence about this; bu
Back to top Go down
Beto

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:15 am

Eh, yeah. But if optimism doesn't rule, then all will fail. I'm giving it a shot; a video to receive that many views in two days is incredible. Never before have I seen an internet movement that big. My FB has about 30 shares of this video alone.

So yeah, I'll give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
bb_
Friends with Benefits

Kudos : 104

Favorite Class: Chicken
Favorite Map: DEEP FRIED!!!

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:16 am

Why are you on the fence about it, Cruise? I think it's a cool idea, looking at it as a social experiment. And if it helps capture this guy, then all the better.
Back to top Go down
N☺va
Triplets

Kudos : 160

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:25 am

So long Its everywhere :O 46998
Someone summarize Its everywhere :O 225859530
Back to top Go down
http://www.sn4ck.com
cruise

cruise

Favorite Class:
Favorite Map:

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:49 am

bb_ wrote:
Why are you on the fence about it, Cruise? I think it's a cool idea, looking at it as a social experiment. And if it helps capture this guy, then all the better.
Okay
I was captivated by this guy
I liked it
but with these bad views around me, it permeates yo
Its everywhere :O 560771
But I'm for this guy, just not wholly as in going to go to uganda

plus..
kony did put the infant in infantry
Its everywhere :O 3574106132
Back to top Go down
mono

mono

Kudos : 153

Favorite Class:
Favorite Map:

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:52 am

Jason Russell director of that movie did an AMA on reddit.
alot of the redditors pointed out very valuable information regarding the underlying truths about the invisible children organization.
I support this social movement, because I found out about WHO he is.

NOVA. TL;DR Its everywhere :O 244372

KONY 2012 is a social movement aimed at making the name KONY (Joseph Kony) out there in the public. It's goal is to educate people who he is. He is number 1 on the list of most wanted international criminals. This has been happening long ago but it's very hard to arrest him and for our government to intervene without hurting our country.
this movement became VIRAL, last night in social networks because of the video being spread around. but there are LIES and UN-FACTUAL info involve and info that weren't addressed. so before you go send donations, DON'T.
the best you can do is support the movement and educate people, but then again...
support, knowledge about the cause and believing in the cause DOESN'T do anything to help arrest him. it's not significant enough.
Back to top Go down
cruise

cruise

Favorite Class:
Favorite Map:

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:55 am

ama link?
Back to top Go down
mono

mono

Favorite Class:
Favorite Map:

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 3:59 am

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/qlmti/iama_request_jason_russell_of_invisible_children/

he doesn't physically show up there answering shit, idk where the fuq he is. LOL
but the discussion by redditors is amusing and informative.
Back to top Go down
yinGz♥
Friends with Benefits
yinGz♥

Kudos : 83

Favorite Map: Hot Sauce

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:15 am

I support this movement, but I don't totally support IC. I've followed IC since HS. I actually cried to while watching that video... but it is VERY VERY bais, slanted, and uses a lot of emotive language to get you to only see their side and adapt their ideals as your own.

There's a lot of stuff Jason Russell doesn't talk about in the video that people should know, like how the Uganda milita are involved in rape also. The Uganda gov isn't the best either. This issue goes much deeper than what he's putting it off as. I support getting rid of Kony and getting our government and the UN to be involved, but to donate to IC? I don't know. A lot of their funding's allocations are questionable. I understand that they must co-enside with the Uganda government to be able to even be there and help the people and that, that is the lesser evil of the two. But people should look into this issue more before throwing their money at some organization. You should always re-search an organization before donating. We're better off writing letters and calling our government officials about this. That would be what would really make a difference. None the less, I will be on the streets of Chicago the night of the 20th, because we really can make a difference by making this known.
Back to top Go down
yinGz♥
Friends with Benefits
yinGz♥

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:18 am

Also, what we should also be doing is trying to get South Sudan and Congo's support in trying to get Kony.
Back to top Go down
Beto

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:47 am

yinGz♥ wrote:
We're better off writing letters and calling our government officials about this. That would be what would really make a difference.

Its everywhere :O 848460 I agree completely. That's the whole point of the campaign.

@Mono: I agree, it won't do anything to arrest him. It will, however, show the government the people's interest, and that we still are interested to help.

By you guys just bringing attention to this issue, you're helping the cause. I'm organizing an event for my school on the 20th of April (be it to walk the streets or go around hanging posters), something you guys could do too. Be it big or small, doing an act to promote Kony 2012 will push the movement forward.
Back to top Go down
Oppa

Oppa

Kudos : 299

Favorite Class: Villager
Favorite Map: Coco Cliffs

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:19 am

I watched the whole video and besides learning about how horrible he is, I learned next to nothing else about the conflict. It kind of bugged me that they only used emotional appeals, and some hard facts would have been useful. I like the fact that people are becoming aware of this conflict, but only because it will inspire people like me to research it. Its everywhere :O 1924541697 It was a HUGE oversight to fail to provide cited facts, however.
Back to top Go down
Oppa

Oppa

Kudos : 299

Favorite Class: Villager

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:23 am

I think a campaign that makes people aware of the systemic forces that cause these things would be more effective. However, I understand that turning Kony into a popular icon can help put a face to the conflict. Just damn, they could toss us some hard facts about the conflict or somethin'.Its everywhere :O 225859530
Back to top Go down
yinGz♥
Friends with Benefits
yinGz♥

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 5:43 am

Another thing I want to mention is, this movement shouldn't be just about Kony. It should bring to light the human abuse and rape that was done by the Uganda military. The president of Uganda should be brought to trial too. eh.. There's too much to be said, and I'm too lazy to explain it all.. you guys should definitely look into it more though.

Last edited by yinGz♥ on Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Viz

Kudos : 39

Favorite Class: Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 7:28 am

I agree with yinGz. The overall message is what people should be supporting. However, they also should do their research and understand the entire picture. The atrocities that Kony has orchestrated can be found throughout the world, not just in Uganda or Africa [in general]. However, since Kony is a Hitler-like figure, it is a lot easier to point the finger at him. I would like to see Kony captured and have justice served, but I know for a fact that these kind of movements in our country [United States] can become fads that fizzle out if the goal is not reached within a certain period of time. With this specific movement there is a mentioned deadline of December 31st, 2012... So I can only imagine that the majority of those who have jumped on the bandwagon expect to find him right away and the case may be that he is found in November or even days before December 31st, but by then most people will have moved on because it simply took too long. Some of you may be appalled at the notion of your fellow Americans being this way, I truly think that most people do try to be genuinely good, but when it comes to time, they seem to forget themselves. If you take a good look at our world today, you should notice how fast paced everything really is. While this message can (and most likely will) be spread like wildfire across our social mediums, the actual process of finding Kony will not be a walk in the park. I'm not sure how many people took note of just how long it took Invisible Children to get to their initial goal. Yet, there is a saying that goes along the lines that sometimes one must put a lot of time and effort into something to see results. With this fast paced lifestyle most of us lead, we've come to yearn for quick fixes. I feel that as a whole, our country really hasn't fought for anything really hard for a prolonged period of time since the Civil Rights' movements (the gay rights' movements are slowly making their way though). While in the end this is all about a single man, it is the overall mentality that we poses today concerning anything worth fighting for that needs to be set right. Not everyone minds looking at the full picture and taking it all in, but for those who pullout because it gets complicated, takes too long or sometimes both. They have to realize that if they don't stick with this until the end, Kony may not be found. However, as I stated above, he may very well be captured down the road, but if he is captured near the deadline that they have set, there is a good chance most people will have completely forgotten about this all. Which in the end really goes against this "social experiment" that they have set up - showing how we come together for a short period of time with movements like these because it is the "in thing to do", but we will completely disregard it later if things do not cater to our ways with time and effort.

Good for the children of Uganda... Fad for the rest of us?

I do hope he is found, but these are the thoughts that plague me with these kind of things.
Back to top Go down
yonGz♥
Friends with Benefits
yonGz♥

Kudos : 95

Favorite Class: Giant

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:29 pm

Well said, Viz. Its everywhere :O 902162
Back to top Go down
mono

mono

Favorite Class:
Favorite Map:

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 2:28 pm

http://www.reddit.com/r/TrueReddit/comments/qkxvm/kony_2012/c3yfvii

Only 31% of the money people donate used in finance for invisible children. The rest?
Ask the CEO's
Don't trust any humanitarian organization your money
Back to top Go down
Viz

Kudos : 39

Favorite Class: Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Its everywhere :O Tumblr_m0krvfCXWN1qarvxpo1_400
Back to top Go down
shoo
Friends with Benefits
shoo

Kudos : 93

Favorite Class: Ninja
Favorite Map:

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 6:01 pm

The end of 2012 is unrealistic. Just like Viz said, people will move on and forget about this if the goal is not reached. USAFRICOM is still new and pretty small. They have so many other things to deal with in Africa that actually benefits the US. I doubt the government would send more troops to get fully involved to stop Kony because there isn't really anything that the US would to gain from it. The government is already trying to cut the military spending as it is.

At the end of the video they talk about building schools and creating new jobs. Imo this is the best thing people could do, but I would rather donate my money to a more trustworthy organization.

Btw is this the same guy who does Charity Water?
Back to top Go down
yinGz♥
Friends with Benefits
yinGz♥

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:45 am

Actually.. there's loads to gain in Uganda.. like billions of barrels
worth of oil that was found on the western border of Uganda that's
suppose to start pumping within the next two years.. *surprise
surprise!!* I can see this being turned into another 'Panama' or 'Iran' type of situation....

The more I've been reading about this lately, the more that I feel that this cause seems a bit sketchy.

Like she said, there's loads that is going on RIGHT now that's much more serious..
Like Syria & Dafur. Was in a state of genocide, yes you read it right, GENOCIDE. for 7 years.
Idk, I'm starting to actually become a bit more on the fence on this whole Kony thing..
But I've done some seriously intense reading on researching about this whole thing..
I see IC's point of working with their military and government..
but does two wrongs really make a right?
And it's quite sketchy for a humanitarian organization to call for violent measures to go about things..

Another thing people don't realize is this: If we really go on a full fledged war against Kony & LRA, we have to realize that we'll be fighting armed children. That's something a lot of people aren't putting on the radar at all.
Back to top Go down
mono

mono

Favorite Class:
Favorite Map:

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:53 am

I decided that I don't support this particular movement anymore.
Back to top Go down
Don Ramon

Don Ramon

Kudos : 42

Favorite Class: Ranger
Favorite Map: Candy Mountain

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 11:07 pm

Not to sound like a heartless bastard, but Darfur is exactly why I never supported this
Back to top Go down
Beto

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:20 am

I've been doing a lot of research too as well. After reading you guy's input as well, I have mixed feelings now.

What I'm wondering is - is IC trying to manipulate us? I mean, it's really heart-breaking what Kony and the LRA have done... but from what I have been seeing... is IC supporting this for the right reasons, or supporting this as they should be?

I'll see what my school decides to do. Most students have mixed feelings as well. For now, if you guys really want to donate to stop genocide all around, I recommend STAND. There' also Enough Project, Amnesty International, Human Rights Watch; the list just goes on.
Back to top Go down
cruise

cruise

Favorite Class:
Favorite Map:

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:00 am

propaganda dudes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its everywhere :O   Its everywhere :O I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Its everywhere :O

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Snackers :: Chat Time :: Off-Topic :: Get Smart-